- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, places of worship, and throughout the community.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To advocate for laws that further the education, physical and mental health, welfare, and safetyof children and youth;
- To promote the collaboration and engagement of families and educators in the education of children and youth;
- To engage the public in united efforts to secure the physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, and social well-being of all children and youth; and
- To advocate for fiscal responsibility regarding public tax dollars in public education funding.
The purposes of this association are promoted in cooperation with the National PTA and the California State PTA through an advocacy and educational program directed toward parents and teachers and the general public; developed through conferences, committees, projects and programs; and governed and qualified by the basic policies set forth in Article III.
This association is organized exclusively for the charitable, scientific, literary, or educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or corresponding Section of any future Federal tax code (hereinafter “Internal Revenue Code”).